Sunday 18 October 2009

Premlinary task evaluation (continuation.)



Question4.

When editing I had to keep in into account that the film could not be too long. Whilst editing I realised ht some of my shoots went on for slightly too long. I was then told to keep each shot simple and only get let the audience see the main focus of each shot. For example in some of my shots, a small briefcase was the main focus and I found out that to keep my shots interesting I should just show scene with the briefcase on full show, and not wait until it gradually comes up in the frame. Also had to keep in mind that it was our first filming task and that I should keep things simple and to the point.

Question6:

(Technical skills and production)

On a technical aspect I have first of all learnt how to use a camera affectively. I have also learnt how to use a new computer editing software adobe premier pro. While using this software I have learned lots of different ways of editing which will help me in further tasks, such as important tools and shortcuts to making the editing process easier.

Question 7

While editing the hardest decisions made would have to be, when me and Mathew had to decide what takes we were going and not going to keep. However our continuity sheets helped us to choose and collect our best shots, without having to go through the whole tape various times.
The short film was completed by me, during lessons. It didn’t take long because I was sure of what I was doing and understood how to use the tools on the software. We had problems with sound as it was not recorded on the tape. Next time I would firstly make sure to do a sound check, and ask more about the tools and features on the software to make the outcome even better.

0 comments: